Introduction to Musical Connections
Musical Connections empowers people to lead happier, healthier lives through participating in music.
Musical Connections was first conceived in 2008, and became a registered charity in 2016. We offer a musical programme which challenges age-related stereotypes, and does not make assumptions about the types of music and activities that participants will enjoy and be able to access. We offer several different activities within the city of York:
- Weekly music groups open to members of the public, based in City of York Council sheltered housing schemes.
- Two weekly community choirs
- Two weekly music groups in York Medical Group surgeries
- Weekly music groups in residential homes
- A large and very popular programme of intergenerational projects and events in partnership with local schools